Salesforce's Nonprofit Service Cloud Helps An NGO Serve Better, Faster, And At Scale
Expertise: SaaS / Cloud Custom Reports and Dashboards
Verticals: Real Estate
A nonprofit organization located in the US, the client helps people access affordable and decent housing. For more than 30 decades, the client has responded to the need of people requiring affordable homes worldwide. To help people meet their critical need of shelters, the client has built an ecosystem of volunteers. The client also offers homes at low mortgages to families in need. Eventually, the client has been able to make a difference only because of the tireless support from its volunteers.
Time Duration 3 Months
Team Effort 2 Persons
Business NeedsServing families in need of shelter worldwide, the client could not afford to mismanage their processes related to fundraising, donations, event organizing, and volunteer management. To manage these processes effectively, the client worked with multiple enterprise applications, including QuickBooks, Salesforce, Salsa Engage, and Mailchimp. Owing to siloed process management systems, the client faced multiple challenges ranging from data inconsistency to ineffective decision-making. That is why the client wanted to build a robust system that could help it meet the following business needs.
- Breaking siloed information warehouses
- Consolidating volunteer information at speed and scale
- Creating a culture of data-driven decision-making
- Minimizing the instances of data duplication
Strategy & SolutionThe client wanted to build a robust system that could power its journey of digital transformation. To do that, the client required a digital partner with experience in catering to the needs of large-scale NGO projects. This is where we came in. On completing the initial-stage review meetings with the client, our team suggested the implementation of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). As the client operated a global NGO, the NPSP module was the go-to option. This is because the package had a wide array of prebuilt donor management components. We even integrated Salesforce NPSP with Sales Engage and QuickBooks to cut down on the dependency on third-party applications. Besides, our deep expertise in Salesforce customization helped us create dedicated modules in managing fundraising efforts, handling events, simplifying donation processes, and streamlining volunteer management.
Our team of front-end developers used Visualforce to build an engaging UI for the end-users of the portal. The use of this component-driven UI framework helped developers fast-track and simplify the development of an intuitive interface. The best part was that this UI never came with a steep learning curve. Here are some of the other highlights of the front-end that our developers helped to build.
- Built a dashboard for developing reports to clean enterprise data
- Generated reports for showing the contribution history so that the client could send year-end letters
- Captured all the changes done on Visualforce (VF) pages for duplication avoidance and identifying validation logic
- Redesigned and deployed the volunteer signup process so that volunteers did not have to re-enter this information after an initial setup
- Designed a new solution to address the concerns related to existing volunteer log-ins
To make sure the Salesforce package was deployed seamlessly, our team focused on its backend. Building a robust backend system that could handle beneficiaries worldwide, our backend developers closely worked with the client's business team. We began integrating NPSP with third-party modules, such as Salsa Engage, MailChimp, and QuickBooks. We also helped the client embrace process automation to make sure different workflows were streamlined at speed and scale throughout the implementation. Here are a few highlights of the backend system of this Salesforce project.
- Created contacts, accounts, and contribution data seamlessly
- Deployed multiple processes to eliminate duplicate data
- Automated key workflows to accelerate processes at speed
To make sure the pace of project development was accelerated, we followed an agile work methodology. The client was looking forward to building a robust platform that could handle housing requests of the needy worldwide. As the client was an NGO, we onboarded specialists with vast experience in deploying NPSP. Here are some key highlights of the development process from start to finish.
- Brainstormed how the client's vision could become a reality
- Arranged initial review meetings to check the brainstormed solution's feasibility
- Predefined project deliverables and set milestones
- Built the solution and sent the modules for the client's approval
- Accommodated the client's requests for project updates and changes on time
- Delivered post-deployment support to the client's team
We have been trying to consolidate our huge database of volunteers worldwide and streamline operatio..
Business OutcomesOnce the Salesforce solution with NPSP was deployed, the client was able to streamline the way it connected volunteers with the people requiring shelter across the world. Once the system was implemented, the client gained a holistic view of their entire community. Besides, NPSP reporting features transformed how impact measurement and decision-making happened. Here are some of the top benefits of the solution that our team of Salesforce engineers developed and implemented.
- Enabled the client to maintain a 360-degree view of its mission
- Consolidated information siloes to streamline strategic decision-making
- Simplified how volunteers connected with people in need of shelter worldwide
- Reduced different instances of data duplication at an incredible speed
- Managed the data of volunteers and the needy at scale
Discover our growing portfolio of digital products and technology solutions that accelerate business transformation for global enterprises and SMBs from different verticals.
Embracing AWS to build innovative property portfolios and minimize TCOs
With a huge increase in the number of users, the client wanted to help with making move-ins quicker, repairs faster, and communication ...
Engineering an enterprise-grade web portal to become the next big social media for real estate listings
The client wanted to build a robust enterprise-class web portal that would let the users of urban localities rate multi-family ...
Developing A Powerful Real Estate E-Commerce Portal To Intuitively Display Properties In Houston
The client wanted to build a digital presence for its business. For that reason, the client was looking forward to building a ...
A Real Estate Website Along With Elegant UI & Amazing User Experience
The client was looking to design and develop a user-friendly, responsive website with scalable design and hurdle-free UI. He wanted ...