Integrating Digital Automation for Cayman Airways to Create a Better Travel Experience
Experties: Reservation & Booking System
Verticals: Travel and Hospitality Aviation
Technologies: ASP.NETWCF ServicesSharePoint DesignMS SQL ServerActive Directory IntegrationPower BI
One of the leading air carriers in the British Overseas Territory of the Cayman Islands, the client operates more flagship flights in the region than any other airline. The client offers non-stop jet service between Grand Cayman and some major US cities such as Chicago, Denver, New York, Miami, and Tampa. To improve the travel experience and become a digital leader in the travel sector, the client is harnessing a suite of emerging technologies.
Time Duration 11 Months
Team Effort 05 Persons
Business NeedsAs one of the biggest commercial airlines in the British Overseas Territory, the client wanted to optimize the real wealth of exponential data derived from various sources and deployments. To top it all off, the available datasets were present in a variety of formats. The real challenge was that the client received data in a raw or unmanaged format, including.txt, .dat, and .xlsx, from a booking network. The client wanted to harness actionable insights from these value-generating data streams. Some key business needs highlighted by the client during the engagement are as follows:
- Managing the stream of unmanaged raw data using automation technologies
- Harnessing the value of key data points for detecting frauds and lifting service levels
- Creating a single view of data for improving its operational efficiency
- Introducing a culture of making data-driven strategic decisions
Strategy & SolutionTo realize its business need, the client teamed up with Flexsin's software development experts. The software development experts were engaged by the client for developing an automation tool for transforming unstructured and semi-structured data into meaningful formats. Keeping automation and digitization at the core of this engagement, the developers rolled out a dedicated SQL job scheduler that would help the client manage the stream of raw data. Once converted into a manageable format, the team pushed the relevant datasets from siloes into a centralized, secure, and robust SQL database.
Besides, the software developers built a dedicated reporting tool for enabling the client's data managers to draw strategic insights from managed data formats. Through the reporting tool, key data stakeholders of the client could receive proactive and predictive actionable insights into a flyer's behavior and flying patterns. Those insights became the foundation of key decisions taken by the client for growing its market share, reducing costs, and driving successful growth initiatives.
Front-end: For displaying data SQL server report services (SSRS) reports, the reporting tool needed to have a snappy and highly intuitive user interface (UI). For that purpose, the development team chose SharePoint 2010 for building the UI from scratch. The UI, once deployed, showed data for uncovering new growth opportunities. For that, the developers:
- Built a visually compelling and easy-to-use UI for boosting the adoption rates among internal stakeholders
- Enabled quicker access to key data reports without involving complexity
- Improved the outcomes of all the endeavors for organizing passenger data
Backend: Our team at the backend worked alongside the client's personnel for consolidating the reporting work on SSRS. The team worked for extracting data-heavy files according to SQL schema and inserted them into SQL server database tables through an automated job scheduler. As its technology partner, Flexsin helped the client in:
- Deploying an SQL server that improved data storage capabilities
- Integrating SSRS report files into SharePoint through a robust middleware application
- Consistently configuring the connection between SSRS report file and SharePoint
Development Process: To begin with, the project was initiated with demanding deadlines. Flexsin's team made sure to adopt an agile development methodology for accelerating the execution cycles. From requirement understanding to testing the final product, the developers worked with a collaborative mindset with the client's business team. Some highlights of the project's development process are as follows.
- Leveraging top-level digital automation tools and technologies for organizing project workflows
- Making sure that every project milestone is met on time
- Scaling the capacity of resources and technologies as per project needs
- Accommodating last-time changes coming from the client during the project execution lifecycle
Flexsin's automation software solution has made our dormant, unmanaged data sets the biggest enterpr..
Senior Manager, Cayman Airways Ltd., Cayman Island
Senior Manager, Cayman Airways Ltd., Cayman Island
Business OutcomesThe engagement resulted in the client driving more seamless, efficient journeys across its carriers. Since the client had passenger data in hand, it was able to strategize better and fine-tune its overall flying experience. By consolidating, storing, and managing aggregated passenger data, the client successfully connected data with decisions. Our team of developers exhibited the highest level of technical acumen and professionalism; because of which, the client had extended the scope of the engagement. Some other noteworthy benefits that the client reaped from this association are as follows:
- Automating the transformation of unstructured datasets into insight-rich data points
- Improving the quality of data management results and reducing the efforts of managing data by 40%
- Streamlining the reporting processes and allied functions for improving the decision-making capacity
- Simplifying the extraction of passenger-related data that eventually resulted in saving 20 man-hours
Discover our growing portfolio of digital products and technology solutions that accelerate business transformation for global enterprises and SMBs from different verticals.