BlogBe abreast with the industry insights, news, technologies and trends. Make a difference
to your business leveraging on the knowledge shared by experts.
SAP HANA high performance analytic application makes use of in-memory computing, a memory database technology to process the massive amount of data in short, real time so that you can take action in the moment. SAP HANA can process the data from RAM instead of first reading it from a disk that provides it the capability to provide instantaneous results from customer transactions and data analysis for the applications using HANA.
The application is designed to process structured data from SAP and non-SAP relational databases and other systems in a rapid manner. The application allows the enterprises to achieve next generation analytical and transactional processing across a range of advanced analytics that could be effortlessly and securely run across the hybrid and multi cloud environments. SAP HANA provides broadest advanced analytics to the businesses that could be seamlessly combined with OLAP and OLTP processing on a single data copy.
Key capabilities of SAP HANA are summarized below:
- Helps in database management with simplified operations and a single copy of enterprise data
- Provides a complete and accurate view of business by accessing data where it is located
- Leverages advanced analytics for business, spatial and series data
- Helps businesses simplify IT operations with continuous availability and application security
- Processes transaction and analytics data wherever it resides using data virtualization, integration and replication.
- Keeps data storage secure with robust identity and access management controls
- Hybrid transactional and analytics processing capabilities
SAP HANA is a game changer in the sense that it fundamentally redefines how enterprise software creates the value across industries with instant and real time insights. It natively connects in real time with Big Data, IoT and social networks of a business for insightful analytics. SAP S/4 HANA leverages in-memory computing to speed up business process that are data intensive, reduces complexities in processes and accelerates the value delivered from the IT of an organization.
Key benefits of SAP HANA
- Reduces complexity with trans-analytic applications and reduced data redundancy
- Helps in increasing ROI with increased innovation and decreased costs of data management
- Flexible deployment options that allow you to deploy the application on public and private clouds and tailored data centers
Below three SAP business suites are currently running on a SAP HANA database:
SAP Suite on HANA (SoH): Allows you to control the level of disruption to your users by enabling new user experience for them.
SAP S/4 HANA Finance: This version of HANA reprocesses all of your financial documents into simplified financial models, all the while allowing you to run your Sales and Distribution, Production and Logistics and other modules on ECC 6 or EhP8 functionalities.
SAP S/4 HANA Enterprise Management (or Digital Core): The key features of this HANA version is that it has many of the processes and data models in a simplified form and comes with an innovative perspective.
What value SAP S/4 HANA provides to business leaders?
- Rapid integration of data on a single platform from multiple sources
- Invents new business models and processes
- Flexibility and capability to meet changing needs of a business
- Speed to deploy and speed to value
- Mobile analytics providing power to quickly act in real time
- Reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) with less hardware and maintenance
Getting started with SAP HANA S/4
An ever increasing number of businesses are moving to SAP HANA, and the early movers have already increased their ROI significantly due to its next generation capabilities. So, here, we have come up with step-to-step procedure for getting started with HANA S/4:
- First and foremost, know your destination and figure out where you are going with your environment.
- If your master data has a problem, fix it first as SAP HANA S/4 is very fast, so get your system in order.
- If you are running an ECC environment today, your journey will be simple but if you are running complicated environments such as HCM, SRM, SCM, you need to figure out the order of your move to SAP HANA S/4 and get your entire environment to your desired end state.
- Schedule your departure for a time when you have quite times in your environment for best chances to succeed with your SAP HANA migration.
At Flexsin Technologies, we have the SAP HANA experts who have walked the walk and can help you in getting started with your SAP HANA implementation journey. Contact Flexsin, and we work a plan for your smooth SAP HANA journey, and make that plan to work for your business in the most effective way.
•16 Apr 2018Reinventing The Future Of Digital Marketing With Blockchain
•14 Aug 2018High Availability Architecture Design and Its Key Components
•15 Feb 2019Tips For Successful SAP Implementation Strategy
•08 Nov 2019Successful RPA Implementation to Drive Enterprise Level Innovation
- New Technologies81
- Internet of Things (IoT)9
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)11
- Advanced Web Development111
- User Experience Design33
- Software Development31
- Enterprise Applications32
- IT Outsourcing15
- Digital Marketing & SEO152
- Mobile App Development59
- Big Data & Analytics11
- Cloud / SaaS15