BlogBe abreast with the industry insights, news, technologies and trends. Make a difference
to your business leveraging on the knowledge shared by experts.
The evolution of web applications has now become a revolution. Project managers and developers now use third-party libraries to make sure that even the most mission-critical web applications go live on time and within the development budget. However, this convenience has not solved the age-old question, “Is it Python or PHP that is developing and delivering the future of web applications?”
Both of these programming languages have continued to dominate the web-development landscape. In fact, these two languages are powering leading web applications and other web properties to deliver immersive, interactive, dynamic UX. So in the end, the choice between these two languages depends on the project requirements and budget considerations. Now, here is a brief overview of these ever-growing programming technologies.
PHP Delivers The Most Robust Web Solutions
The use of PHP in web and enterprise application development has taken the internet by storm. Project managers and developers pick PHP because it is cost-effective, reliable, and safe. Further, PHP is a dependable, popular scripting language that is used for writing amazing web applications. A few facts associated with this powerful programming language are given below.
- PHP dominates the web with 80 percent market share. So whether the project is a real-time web application or a dynamic website, PHP takes care of every web solution without compromising on UI and UX.
- As a parsing language, PHP is engineered to run on Unix and Linux servers.
- Rasmus Lerdorf designed PHP in 1995 as an open-source platform; at that time, it was an acronym for Personal Home Page.
- This language is compatible with every major OS—Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux, and RISC OS.
- PHP powers some of the leading online brands such as Digg, Facebook, Flickr, ProProfs, Friendster, Yahoo!, and Technorati.
Why Does PHP Lead Web Application Development?
- Seamless Database Interaction: While developing a web application or any web property, it is important to build a strong connection with databases. Here is where PHP comes into play as this language is known for streamlining and simplifying the interaction with different databases such as MySQL.
- High Cost-Effectiveness: PHP is an open-source technology, which makes it free to use. So this programming platform saves a lot of money for any business, and that is how the overall development cost could be brought down. Despite its low cost, the development quality is never compromised.
- Incredible Security: This language has a secure architecture and a solid core. Which is why, the applications developed using this platform are stable, secure, and fast. Also, every reliable web application development company uses PHP because the apps written in this language do not crash easily.
Uses Of PHP Technology
PHP technology is leveraged for developing a number of commercial web applications ranging from the e-commerce ones to complex project management tools. It will be interesting to note that PHP is currently backing a number of Facebook applications.
Python Is About Extraordinary Web Development
When it comes to web application development, Python has a number of features that easily give this framework the edge over its other counterparts. Because of its growing popularity, this language has managed to have a few interesting facts that we have listed below.
- Python was originally created by Guido van Rossum after he faced the shortcomings of ABC language.
- The first version of this programming technology was rolled out in 1994.
- As a versatile language, Python can easily accommodate regular expressions of Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Today, Python has a number of implementations including IronPython, Jython, CPython, and PyPy.
What Makes Python A Leading Web Development Language?
- Third-Party Modules- Also known as PyPI, the Python Package Index has a large number of third-party modules that enable this technology to interact with a number of other platforms and languages. That is, these modules help the web applications build matchless cross-platform compatibility.
- Extensive Support Libraries- Python has a vast standard library that comprises string operations, internet protocols, operating system interfaces, web services tools, and the like. The developers can even use complex programming tasks that come scripted in the standard library beforehand.
- Speed And Productivity- If developers seek a clear object-oriented design offering enhanced process capabilities and control, then this language should be chosen. Python comes preloaded with powerful text processing capabilities that help programmers build a robust web application every time.
The Multiple Uses Of Python
YouTube uses many Python codes, and it has been the most powerful development success story for this programming language. One other popular use of Python can be found in Google App Engine. The application authors and developers can write the code in a restricted subset of Python, which can be further executed seamlessly by the powerful servers of the App Engine. Apart from this, the language is used for writing complex ERP and CMS solutions.
After reading this comprehensive guide on PHP and Python, several customers will find it easier to pick the technology that is best suited for their upcoming web application projects. For any further question, companies should get in touch with a powerful web application development company that has an excellent track record in developing, deploying, and delivering scalable, interactive, dynamic web applications for different business verticals.
49 responses•17 Dec 2009Why SEO has assumed such a splendid significance
20 responses•02 Jun 2010Website Design as it should be seen and done
10 responses•17 Dec 2009E- Commerce services to escalate your business growth
10 responses•22 Feb 2010Reap the benefits of Outsourcing your ITES work to India