Choosing Right Architecture For Your Business Application DevelopmentWhat is microservices architecture? Also known as microservice architecture is an architectural styl...
What is microservices architecture?
Also known as microservice architecture is an architectural style, used to build applications as an assembly of loosely joined services that, as a result, execute business capabilities. By enabling consistent delivery and deployment of bulk, intricate applications, the microservice architecture makes a great choice for many large/small scale businesses around the globe. This architectural style is as well enabling organizations to grow its tech-stack.
Out of many architectural styles, the best one to start with is monolithic architectural pattern for application development. This is still the most trusted and used traditional architectural style for that matter.
Microservices architecture: Use and Benefits
- Application development is breakable into multiple component services
- Improved fault isolation method
- Different languages are allowed to code different developments
- Simple integration and automated deployment
- Enabled with continuous delivery and deployment
- Codes are prearranged around business competences
- Works smoothly with Docker
- Functional compatibility with cloud activities
- Maximize autonomy of every development teams within the company
Microservice architecture: Solutions
- The UK Government Digital Service
- The Guardian and many more large-scale applications and websites have been developed from monolithic to microservices architecture.
What is monolithic architecture?
It is the conventional unified model for software program design. Monolithic architecture is intended to be self-contained; program elements are interlinked plus independent quite unlike microservice architecture’s loosely-coupled service. This program has an improved throughput than the modular approaches and it is easier to debug as well as test with fewer variables that come into play.
Monolithic Architectural Style: Use and Benefits
- Simple pattern for application development
- Simple for testing. For instance – one can execute end-to-end testing just by launching the App and doing UI test with Selenium.
- Easy deployment. The developer will just copy the packaged application to the server.
- Seamless and easy to do horizontal scaling as developer is able to run several copies behind a load balancer.
Monolithic Architectural Style: Solutions
Application development with:
- A single directory hierarchy of NodeJS or Rails code.
- A single Java WAR file.
Let’s assume you’re building an e-commerce application which requires consumer orders, inventory verification and availability of credits and shipments. The app is supposed to comprise multiple components including StoreFrontUI that helps implement the UI along with certain backend operations for maintaining inventory/shipping orders and also checking the credits.
Microservices Vs Monolithic Architecture
Microservices are considered essential software trend and one which can have reflective implications not only on the business’ IT functions, but as well digital transformation of the entire business operations. Monolithic Vs microservices signify a momentous shift in how IT has addressed software development and one of which is successfully adopted by large-scale organizations such as Google, Amazon, Netflix and many others.
How both benefit your business?
As already mentioned above but independently, both microservices and monolithic architecture can benefit your software/application development business in a massive way. The value of your business increases in both technical and efficient terms. However, here is why microservices architecture is still a popular choice amongst IT organizations:
- Agility: It breaks down functionality into the most elementary level to then abstract the relevant services as DevOps focuses on updating the related programs of an application only. It also removes the complicated process of integration, which is normally found with monolithic applications.
- Efficiency: If you leverage microservices architecture, it will result in efficient utilization of underlying infrastructure and code. It’s not usual to experience cost drop by as much as 50% by minimizing the volume of infrastructure sought-after to drive an application.
- Resiliency: By disbanding operations across multiple services removes a software’s vulnerability to a single point failure. As a result, software improves its performance, lessens the downtime and also scales as per demands.
- Revenue: Quick iterations and reduced downtime maximizes revenue. User engagement and retentions also improve with constant improvements provided by microservices.
Businesses seeking out to increase productivity, adopt agility and improve user experience must come out of yesterday’s monolithic architecture style and adopt microservices. Its loosely-coupled architectural speed development, deployment and testing are obliging today’s and tomorrow’s digital transformational needs.
We make a good choice in case you are seeking out microservices architecture based cloud application development solutions. With diverse technological expertise and massive experience in cloud solutions development, Flexsin ensures an efficient business with you ahead. Our team has agile mindset and we believe in building long-term partnership.