SAP AFS Rollout Consolidates International Business Processes For Footwear Leader
Expertise: Web & Enterprise Portals Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Verticals: eCommerce and Retail
A leading international footwear market leader, the client brings innovative casual footwear to the table for women, men, and children. The client continually innovates with its footwear design keeping in mind the importance of comfort and value. The client's footwear appearance and its comfort levels have successfully taken the fashion world by storm. Since its inception in 2005, the footwear brand has launched up to 250 million pairs of shoes in over 20 countries across the world. Because of its wide customer base, the client's business processes are located across 5 different geographies.
Time Duration 08 Months
Team Effort 03 Persons
Business NeedsAs the footwear industry trends are dynamically changing, the client had to readjust its production line to meet the swift market fluctuations and accelerate digital transformation. That was the only way the client could achieve higher enterprise growth. However, legacy business processes and aging systems were not sufficient to seize new growth opportunities in an already-crowded international footwear market. Since the client worked with multiple legacy systems at different locations, its efficiency suffered. To top it all, the presence of diverse systems across different regions could not contribute to its global growth. The needs of the engagement are encapsulated below.
- Consolidating siloed business processes
- Ramping up diverse production cycles
- Improving enterprise efficiency
- Optimizing different quality aspects
SolutionFor meeting its unrealized needs, the client harnessed our SAP expertise. Together, they envisioned deploying SAP AFS for optimizing every aspect of quality including cost and lead times. For bringing together the isolated global processes, the implementation of a strategic SAP digital solution was planned.
We leveraged SAP AFS and related modules to consolidate enterprise-wed decision-making. The new SAP implementation was aimed at streamlining data management and integrating global production processes. The deployment was later engineered to tackle the challenge of reducing redundancies caused by different business processes.
Front-end The SAP AFS has an intuitive front-end that helped the client manage its orders from different production centers worldwide. The key highlights of the front-end work that we did for the client during the engagement are as follows.
- Deploying an intuitive user interface
- Improving the navigational structure of the framework
- Getting crucial insights into the dashboard at a single touch
Backend For building a robust backend, we leveraged the AFS-BW Interface to enable flexible and faster transfer of transactional data. Further, we followed SAP best practices for building a robust ERP ecosystem for the client. Some highlights of our engagement during building a robust backend are as follows.
- Gained insights into stock availability and procurements with AFS-material requirements planning (AFS MPR)
- Used components from mySAP Business Suite including Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) and Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM)
- Integrated SAP AFS with Supply Network Planning (SAP SNP) and Core Interface (SAP CIF)
Development Process Before beginning with the project's development, we made sure to check with all the stakeholders about the deliverables and timelines. Some other key highlights of the development process are written below.
- Defining the key deliverables along with their respective timelines
- Preparing a road map for delivering all the project components
- Getting client feedback after successful delivery of every component
- Testing the project for any bugs or errors
- Delivering post-delivery maintenance programs
Client's Feedback Flexsin Review and Feedback
The quality of deliverables was top-of-the-line and their professional commitment was very strong. ..
SuccessChoosing Flexsin as its strategic partner to deploy SAP Apparel and Footwear Solution (SAP AFS), the global footwear manufacturer consolidated its geographically diverse business processes with its US headquarters. The engagement resulted in integrating global management information in real time and improving collaboration among different stakeholders in the value chain. Some other highlights of the engagement are mentioned below.
- Managing demand cycles despite seasonal fluctuations
- Experiencing 30% of growth in sales through syncing different business processes
- Reducing annual operating costs by 15% through consolidating geographically diversebusiness processes
- Accommodating region-specific business practices and processes by linking stores, logistics, etc.
- Enhancing enterprise-level visibility into different business units
- Proactively forecasting and planning finished goods and raw material requirements
- Optimizing business processes for saving overheads and time
- Fine-tuning production cycles to boost the efficiency of the supply chain network
- Freeing up the resources to lift production value both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Improving real-time visibility of various meaningful metrics across the supply chain
The client wanted to offer a fully functional online platform for homeowners to make a choice of their stone and connect the fabricators in their vicinity. It needs to Connect homeowners with fabricators efficiently Find the best deal for home...
Our client came up with an idea of launching a specialized eCommerce Magento store, with multilingual and various currencies, an online platform for the whole sellers, where they can purchase the product in bulk. We delivered an e-commerce platform w...
The client was looking for a trusted partner for creating an e-commerce portal that could seamlessly buy and sell a variety of cosmetics products as easily and quickly as possible. Besides, the client wanted our team of developers and designers to im...
The client required an e-commerce website with all the functionality features to sell their products belongs to different categories. They want attractive and user-friendly website that users can easily operate and buy products through online in easy...
The client wanted to offer a fully functional mobile application that enables users to recharge a phone, pay bills and transfer funds online within minutes using their ATM card. This should enable users to: Recharge within seconds Load recharge...
The client wanted a single platform for the people wherefrom they could shop for the best gifts based on their choices and the liking of the person to whom the gift is intended for. That way, people could show their love for their near and dear ones ...
Leveraging the vast hands-on experience of e-commerce platform development, Flexsin helps Buffalo, NY based company to expand his market reach and improve skyrocket sales. Our client came up with an idea of launching a specialized eCommerce one-stop ...
Client has decided to move their businesses ahead by launching an e-commerce store integrated corporate system. The client was looking a professional and experienced company that can implement an efficient e-commerce website while accomplishing their...
Want to start a project? Let's Consult