Online Travel Booking and Reservation Management System
Expertise: Web & Enterprise Portals Reservation & Booking System
Verticals: Hospitality and Travel
Vision Travel is a trusted name in delivering world-class travel solutions. As a robust travel portal, the client helps in booking a variety of travel products such as flights, hotels, cars, and insurance. The client even provides a one-stop platform that enables travelers and internet travel agents (ITAs) to plan holidays, set business itineraries, and make reservations as per their unique requirements.
Time Duration 11 Months
Team Effort 05 Persons
Business NeedsThe client relied on legacy applications that had many limitations such as unrefined user interface (UI) and disjointed user experience (UX). The existing application only had support in Spanish; the lack of multilingual support, in turn, hindered the client's capacity to expand its reach to global markets. Because of these factors, the client could not compete with competitors and was not able to dominate a sizeable market share. To overhaul its application workflows, the client collaborated with Flexsin's digital application development team for:
- Building an easy-to-use interface that is mobile-responsive
- Introducing multilingual support that would unify and enrich user experience
- Seamlessly managing the app workflows such as booking hotels, cars, etc., through dedicated modules
- Troubleshooting critical issues to build a more scalable web application
SolutionFlexsin's application developers were brought on board to develop a robust and intuitive travel application from scratch. The team carried out an end-to-end need analysis for identifying the capacity bottlenecks created by the existing web solution.
If that was not all, the team even executed a comprehensive security audit for identifying top strategies for building a more secure travel application. A detailed report was then provided to the client's team with all the efforts and complexities involved in project execution. Once the final go-head was received from the client, the team initiated the development phase.
Front-end: Flexsin's application development team along with the client's personnel envisioned an application with an intuitive and feature-rich UI; the application's front end was prepared by using HTML5 and Angular 7. The client wanted dedicated modules in the travel app, so our team designed them for streamlining the booking of flights, hotels, cars, and insurance packages. As part of the front-end development, we:
- Built a mobile-responsive application that ran seamlessly across multiple devices such as desktops, iPads, and smartphones
- Implemented a snappier UI that eventually improved the UX in the long run
- Integrated Google Maps functionality for enhancing the experience of booking hotel stays
- Incorporated specific features for comparing hotels and multiple insurance packages
- Deployed features for searching or booking one-way, round-trip, and multicity flights
Backend: Building a robust backend required our web application developers to leverage and work with multiple frameworks such as web APIs and Sabre GDS. Through dedicated web APIs, our team managed to facilitate the booking and searching of different travel products on the client's portal. For creating a secure backend, we:
- Leveraged dedicated web APIs for fetching product details from a variety of third-party APIs
- Used industry-leading Sabre GDS for accelerating process functionalities
- Prioritized transaction security by implementing secured payment gateways
- Migrated process workflows from paper to the real digital world
Development Process: During this initiative, our team used agile methodology. Under this methodology, the team followed the agile scrum process and closely completed all the sprints for faster and smoother project execution. Some of the highlights of adhering to this development approach are as follows.
- Delivered incremental project completion updates after every sprint
- Ensured service quality and reliability by working in collaboration with the client's personnel
- Accelerated project completion by using the latest digital technologies
- Completely tested the project against different quality parameters
- Incorporated mission-critical features as per client requirements
Client's Feedback Flexsin Review and Feedback
Flexsin has been an ideal and the most professional technology partner. Its deep application develop..
Luis Felipe Villegas
President - Vision Travel Group, USA
President - Vision Travel Group, USA
SuccessThe collaboration between Flexsin and the client resulted in digitally transforming its value chain from start to end. Our team deployed flexible application development models for not only simplifying but also accelerating the booking process. All in all, the engagement resulted in improving the booking experience for travelers and ITAs by:
- Introducing a new visual interface that provides frictionless navigation capabilities
- Maximizing the sales flow and improving the bottom line by 30%
- Optimizing the application performance that reduces the booking time by 35 minutes
- Managing booking data more intuitively and efficiently that brings down operational bottlenecks by 40%
An MNC catering to the ever-growing needs of sophisticated piping solutions across the world, the client faced a severe bottleneck when it came to collaborating with top-class resources. The key reason for that bottleneck existed in its legacy recrui...
Since digital is taking the center stage, the client planned to digitally revamp the platform for streamlining its employee benefits management program. For putting the project from paper to the real world, the client proposed to leverage new-age dig...
As one of the biggest commercial airlines in the British Overseas Territory, the client wanted to optimize the real wealth of exponential data derived from various sources and deployments. To top it all off, the available datasets were present in a v...
Client approached us to help him cut off all unnecessary cost from production to consumption of his product, i.e. coffee. Moreover, he wanted full-fledged 'Track & Trace' technology to be implemented all-throughout. He wanted data sharing process amo...
The Client was looking for web development professionals for design and development of a user-friendly, responsive web portal for a traveler to book a motel on the Australian road trip, which can offer Elegant UI along with easy accessibility a...
Our client required a user-friendly e-learning application with attractive interface, advanced functions and easy to use so that the website visitors could access its multiple functionalities with ease. Another important requirement was high performa...
The client wanted an application that could simplify the process of record maintenance of employees and enhance internal collaboration among them. Specific information about the employees needed to be kept from public viewing except the authorized pe...
Client approached Flexsin with their need to have an efficient employee checklist system in place wherefrom they could assign various tasks to employees and have access to a checklist about the status of task's progress, finished and unfinished tasks...
Want to start a project? Let's Consult