Legacy Enterprise Application Modernization for Transportation Consulting and Logistics Services Company
Expertise: Web & Enterprise Portals
The FSL Group (FSL) is a non-asset based third-party logistics provider. The client offers consulting and management services encompassing all of its logistics operations for selecting value-added services throughout its supply chain. FSL offers customers broker spot rates, contract rate negotiations, freight audits and pays, and TMS software program. Being a full supply chain logistics provider, the client offers a broad spectrum of custom business supply chain and logistics solutions and services to manufacturers and distributors.
Time Duration 08 Months
Team Effort 05 Persons
Business NeedsThe client wanted to modernize its existing Enterprise Portal, which was earlier built on an older version of ASP.NET and MS SQL Server 2000. For embracing next-gen technology, the client wanted to design and develop fresh B2B and B2C portals on the latest framework of .NET along with upgrading SQL Server version to the most recent stable version. The clientâ€™s key requirements from the portal included:
- Developing an intuitive and user-friendly system
- Delivering high-performance speed
- Giving a complete view of all invoices and shipment details
- Allowing the display of reports through an end-to-end Reporting System for bringing new reports
SolutionThe client brought our experienced development team on board for redesigning, redeveloping and deploying a new scalable web system. We built a robust portal for the client with all the necessary carriers where they could log in to the dashboard (B2B and B2C) for viewing their respective invoices. The database will have all the pre-populated invoices data; the client would also be able to populate the data in the dashboard with a few simple clicks.
Our developers had a quality-driven approach and provided a scalable enterprise-class application for simplifying business operations and enhancing user experience. Our designers, developers and QA team dedicatedly worked on the projects while prioritizing client requirements.
Front-end Our developers are proficient in HTML/CSS, which they utilized in creating an impressive web portal layout, which was finally developed using ASP.NET MVC. While keeping the client requirements on top priority, we designed and developed a user-friendly, lightweight enterprise portal with all functionality features. The top features of the portal include:
- Registration/Login modules
- Appealing and easy-to-use UI
- A full-fledged Reporting System using SQL Reporting
Backend Our backend developers worked hand in hand with front-end developers to develop impressive web portals with server-side logic. In other words, throughout the engagement, we have always been focused on creating logic for enhancing the portal functionality and accomplished it by using server-side language. We were also responsible for optimizing the portalâ€™s speed and efficiency as well as creating a data storage solution with MS-SQL database. We worked on:-
- MS-SQL Server for storing data
- HTML5/JQuery for designing interface
- ASP.Net Web API, C# for developing Backend API
- Writing cleaner, faster codes to develop functional web applications
- Gathering and addressing technical and design requirements
Development Process Our project manager was consistently monitoring and tracking the project, updating the status to the client with demos every week and successfully delivered it. We followed our delivery promises and delivered a high-quality web solution on time and within budget. We followed the Agile Methodology and used the Scrum Framework through AzureDevOps. The team had deeply analyzed user stories and worked on each user story sprint by sprint. During the project, our developers worked on:
- Emerging technologies for improving portal functionalities
- Developing new codes and debugging the existing ones
- Regularly performing UI tests for optimizing portal performance
- Building reusable codes and libraries for future use
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
Client's Feedback Flexsin Review and Feedback
The enterprise-wide web portal has helped us transform the delivery of exceptional value to our cust..
SuccessAs a result of a proven strategic approach, Flexsin has developed a robust and easy-to-use web portal, which has existing features and some new features. Through this portal, the client simplified and accelerated the way it searched for invoices and shipment details. Our team successfully completed all the tasks as per the client requirements. We were able to deal with each of the engagement challenges within the desired period. We acknowledge the clientâ€™s professionalism and cooperation with our team until the delivery of the project.
- Developing user-friendly UI experience
- Simplifying sign-in processes with all the required functionalities which were missing earlier
- Deploying a new and easy-to-use Reporting System
- Syncing client local content with Azure Blob content
- Enhancing the overall performance and productivity
Our client came up with an idea of launching a specialized eCommerce Magento store, with multilingual and various currencies, an online platform for the whole sellers, where they can purchase the product in bulk. We delivered an e-commerce platform w...
Want to start a project? Let's Consult