A Detailed Guide To Comparing Leading Cloud Services ProvidersCloud computing provides cost-effective, scalable, and flexible solutions that fulfill a business...
Cloud computing provides cost-effective, scalable, and flexible solutions that fulfill a business’s computing needs. Cloud computing is expanding rapidly, and that’s why it is important to have a clear understanding of the key cloud providers and the suite of services they offer. In this comprehensive guide, we will compare the top cloud providers: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
VIRTUAL MACHINES: CREATING THE FOUNDATION
VMs or virtual machines build and strengthen cloud computing’s foundation, enabling businesses to create and handle different computing resources on demand.
- AWS’s Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) offers a flexible and secure infrastructure that implements VMs. EC2 comes with a host of workloads, pricing options, and instance types.
- Get scalable computing options with Azure’s Virtual Machines. These VMs are versatile and can work on Linux and Windows operating systems. Best of all, Azure can integrate with Microsoft services to help your business amplify its productivity, efficiency, and more.
- Google’s GCP offers Compute Engine. This platform brings high-performance VMs that can be tailored easily. Compute Engine focuses on performance and speed and is ideal for performing data-heavy tasks.
KUBERNETES: ORGANIZING CONTAINERS
Orchestrating containerized applications in cloud computing can help gain incredible traction. Here is where Kubernetes comes into play. Kubernetes has emerged as a reliable platform for organizing different containerized applications.
- Amazon offers EKS, which is expanded to Elastic Kubernetes Service. AWS streamlines Kubernetes management, empowering users to implement, manage, and scale different containerized applications.
- Azure Kubernetes Service, which is also known as AKS, is Microsoft’s vision to streamline Kubernetes deployment and automate every operational task.
- GKE or Google Kubernetes Engine is GCP’s asset to provide a managed Kubernetes service that is best suited for scaling, managing, and automating deployments.
STORAGE: MANAGING DATA ON THE CLOUD
If a business deals with several datasets, it will have to seek efficient storage solutions. Every cloud provider has its suite of storage services.
- AWS offers Simple Storage Service (S3) – an object storage service that is scalable and engineered for high availability and durability.
- Microsoft Azure brings Blob Storage, which helps store unstructured data with no hassles while integrating it with different Azure services.
- GCP offers Google Cloud Storage that unifies object storage with cutting-edge data management and global scalability features.
DATABASES: HANDLING DATA EFFECTIVELY
A database is at the core of almost every application. Cloud providers bring managed database services to facilitate maintenance and deployment.
- AWS offers RDS, which is expanded as Relational Database Service. RDS offers different database engines, offering patch management, scalability, and automated backups.
- Azure brings SQL Database – a completely managed relational database service with high intelligence that maximizes security and performance.
- GCP offers Google Cloud SQL, which offers PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and MySQL databases, ensuring automated backups and high availability.
MACHINE LEARNING: BUILDING INTELLIGENT APPLICATIONS
ML or machine learning services help people build intelligent applications even if they lack deep ML expertise.
- AWS offers Amazon SageMaker – an extensive ML platform for preparing, training, and deploying datasets.
- Microsoft brings Azure Machine Learning to help organizations build extensive ML workflows with dedicated tools for data preparation, deployment, and model training.
- GCP provides a Google Cloud AI Platform that offers an array of ML tools, including serving, model training, and data labeling.
ANALYTICS: GAINING ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS FROM DATA
Businesses require actionable insights into their datasets, enabling organizations to build an extensive culture of data-driven decision-making.
- AWS offers Amazon Redshift – an end-to-end data warehouse service engineered for OLAP or online analytical processing queries.
- Microsoft brings Azure Data Lake Storage, which is built for big data analytics and supports a growing array of analytics software.
- GCP offers Google BigQuery, which is a fully scalable data warehouse that delivers high-quality analytics that drives business intelligence.
SECURITY: SAFEGUARDING ASSETS
When it comes to cloud computing, security is of paramount importance. Every provider brings access and identity management solutions.
- AWS offers Identity and Access Management (IAM). This solution helps AWS monitor permission and user access.
- Azure offers Active Directory (AD). Through this access and identity management solution, Microsoft helps customers integrate cloud ecosystems and on-premises environments seamlessly.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) from GCP centralizes control over user resources and accessibility.
KEY DIFFERENCES AMONG THE CLOUD SERVICE PROVIDERS
While you are selecting a cloud provider for your business, you should take into account the following factors:
- Features: AWS brings a huge selection of services, making it ideal for managing several workflows. GCP and Azure also bring competitive offerings that may have strengths in specific areas.
- Pricing: AWS is quite expensive, which should be followed by Azure and then GCP. An ideal way is to analyze your cost projects and budget and then identify a cost-effective solution.
- Regional Availability: AWS offers a broad global presence, which is followed by Azure and then GCP. Because of this reason, factor in your company’s geographical requirements before finding a cloud provider.
- Easy to use: Azure and GCP have a user-friendly interface and intuitive workflows. On the other hand, AWS has a sharp learning curve.
FINDING AN IDEAL CLOUD PLATFORM FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Finding a suitable cloud provider is contingent on your company’s unique requirements:
- If you want a lot of features and wide regional availability, AWS will be your go-to choice.
- GCP and Azure may become preferable for businesses that look for competitive pricing and are quite budget-conscious.
- GCP is a viable option for organizations that prioritize intuitive interfaces and ease of use.
ASSOCIATING WITH FLEXSIN: A RELIABLE CLOUD CONSULTING COMPANY
Navigating the complexities that come with cloud computing can be painful for most businesses. Because of this reason, you would like to partner with a cloud consulting company. And your search for a trusted cloud consulting company will end with us. We understand the always-evolving and fast-paced cloud computing landscape. Because of our deep expertise in Azure, GCP, and AWS products and services, we help you make an informed choice. Our cloud consultants have the in-depth capability to maximize the value of your next cloud investment.
CONCLUSION: UNLOCK CLOUD COMPUTING POWER
Cloud computing helps businesses improve their efficiency, minimize costs, and speed up innovation. However, you would have to find an ideal cloud services provider through which you can get the most out of every cloud deployment. We are your trusted cloud consulting partner that will help you optimize your cloud journey. Connect with us today and learn how our cloud consulting servicing can support your business in the dynamic digital landscape.